Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

What the crap???

So, I just had to post on this because I'm so irritated. Rowdy went missing yesterday. We came home and Duke was in the backyard, but Rowdy was MIA. So, at about 9:30 pm, Terry was in the neighborhood posting signs that he was missing. They simply said "Missing small white dog. Call 972-979-7381" I got a call this morning at 9:30ish from a guy saying he had found a little white dog with an ATM on his collar. Rowdy's collar is an Aggie collar (gig em!), so I knew it had to be him since we didn't post anything on the sign about his collar. The guy said he noticed there was a reward offered. I said "no, I don't think my husband posted anything about a reward, but let me ask him. Can I get your number and he will give you a call back shortly" So, he gave me his number, and I immediately called Terry , who in turn called the number I gave him...which was totally a wrong number. So, we waited for him to call us back. I mean, the guy has our dog, has made it clear that he is expecting a reward, and gave us a wrong number to call him back. The number he called me from showed up as a withheld number.  So, finally at about 7:15pm, he calls back and Terry talked to him. Again, he mentioned something about the reward. So Terry said "How much do I need to pay you to get my dog back? How about $50?"...to which the guy replied "Well, I live all the way in Dallas so that's a long way to drive".  So Terry told him he would pay him $100, which the guy said was fine. They agreed to meet at the WalMart parking lot in Rockwall and when Terry asked him what kind of car he was driving, the guy said "I'll just call you when I get there" WTH????  Terry called the cops to have a cop there when he met the guy. It all just sounds so not right to me. And of course me being the way I am, I'm freaking out that these people came in our yard and took him, hoping we would put signs up. Maybe it's my paranoia, but it totally freaks me out.

So, my thought process goes like this:
1. Why do you have my dog if you live in Dallas? Why would you pick a dog up out here (because I know Rowdy didn't run all the way to Dallas) and drive him all the way back to your home in Dallas?
2. If you live in Dallas, how did you see the missing dog signs?
3. If you have my dog and you obviously want a reward, why did you give me a phony number to call you back?

It just all seems really, really shady to me. I'm just praying that Terry comes back with Rowdy and nothing crazy happens at the WalMart parking lot.

Update: Terry did come home with Rowdy after forking over $100. And we had a long stern talk with Rowdy letting him know that the next time, he better hope we have $100 to spare :)

1 comment:

  1. So what went down??? I sure hope you have your dog back. You are right, the whole thing sounds super shady. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete