Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PAAARRR-TAAAAAY!!!

This past Saturday we had Griffin's 1st birthday party. I think everyone had a good time and I think it turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so.  I went with a Dr Seuss theme just because Dr Seuss is so fun and I had a vision of a candy table that I wanted to make. Other than the whole fiasco with the cake, I think it went off without a hitch. After work on Friday, I went to pick the cake up and was very upset that it wasn't what I wanted. I had dropped off a picture of exactly what I wanted and was told that it wouldn't be a problem. A Cat in the Hat hat....seems simple enough. Well, when I got there, it looked more like a volcano with red and white stripes, not a hat. This mama was not happy. I didn't have much choice though...I needed a cake. Saturday morning I got up to get all the food ready and set up the candy table. The last thing I was going to do was set out the cake. Well, when I opened the box, the cake had collapsed. That's right, collapsed. This mama was REALLY unhappy now. Luckily, I had ordered some cupcakes as well. And my sister (aka Aunt Bunny) was nice enough to run to Kroger and get wee man an itty bitty smash cake. Here are a few pics to sum up the big day:
"Sweets & Treats" Table-oreos, goldfish, candy stix, animal crackers, gumballs, chocolate covered almonds, dum dums, skittles, M&M's, gummy worms/bears, laffy taffys, cupcakes

Food Table-green eggs & ham sandwiches, cheese & crackers, pasta salad, chips & dip

the green eggs

Griffin and Aunt Bunny

Big Brother cheesin' for the camera


Birthday Boy


Too bad Griffin won't remember this party. The 1st one is always so much fun. And so emotional for me. I can't believe he will be 1 tomorrow!! Happy birthday sweet little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment